Wednesday, February 3, 2016

It took me awhile to realize it.
I thought it was all so simple.  I suppose that, in retrospect, it's really not. 
Sands sift through time, you know.  Ever changing and moving and creating these beautiful landscapes.  They all tell stories, those specks of sand.  Trod on, blown about, kicked and, well, if this is a verb, camel'd. 
I suppose laying here is not a good idea, but it's the best I can do.  You see, this all started with one simple whimsical bet that I had with this knight and a princess.  It was, as I thought, an assured thing.  But when I get to thinking about it, I'm pretty sure they played me.
So.  Now I know what starvation is like.  I also know that scorpions aren't all that bad once you get to know them.  Unless, of course, you're me.
After all, I AM buried up to my head in sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment